Oops! Sorry!!


This site doesn't support Internet Explorer. Please use a modern browser like Chrome, Firefox or Edge.

Support Us

The Organ

The organ was built by Messrs Bevington & Sons of London and was first used on Sunday 11th December 1911. When installed it was unusual in the sense that it was large for a church in a community the size of Winslow. It was also of high quality, costing over £900, and to replace it to today would cost in the region of £350,000. It was completely renovated and restored to its original 1911 condition in 2019.

The organ has been in regular use throughout its life, and has served as an accompaniment to the choir (including various recordings over the years), a solo instrument for concerts, and to enhance all kinds of worship from traditional to contemporary, for example Nativity plays, Civic services such as Remembrance, carol services, Easter services, memorials, weddings, christenings and of course our regular Sunday services.

The Choir is affiliated to The Royal School of Church Music and we follow their training scheme for choristers, young and not quite so young. The training is progressive and progress can be seen in the colour of medal ribbon worn by choristers. Light blue, dark blue and red ribbons are awarded in-house. Green and purple ribbons represent Bishop’s awards. The examinations for these awards are very stringent and we are pleased to have many Bishop’s Choristers in the choir, all of whom gained their awards as members of this choir.

GET STARTED

Gallery.

If this site is report here. spam or abuse, report here.

This site was built with GrooveFunnels.