The organ was built by Messrs Bevington & Sons of London and was first used on Sunday 11th December 1911. When installed it was unusual in the sense that it was large for a church in a community the size of Winslow. It was also of high quality, costing over £900, and to replace it to today would cost in the region of £350,000. It was renovated and restored to its original condition in 2019.
The organ has been in regular use throughout its life, and has served as an accompaniment to the choir (including various recordings over the years), a solo instrument for concerts, and to enhance all kinds of worship from traditional to contemporary, for example Nativity plays, Civic services such as Remembrance, carol services, Easter services, memorials, weddings, christenings and of course our regular Sunday services.
This site was built with GrooveFunnels.