Who are we?
In 2018 we celebrate 130 years of Mothers’ Union in Oxford Diocese. Our theme for this year is “In the Steps of Mary Sumner” our founder
2016 saw the world’s largest lay-Christian missionary charity, Mothers’ Union, mark 140 years of faithful outreach to families of all faiths and none.
Our Aims and Objectives
- To promote and support marriage and its wider understanding.
- To encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church.
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service.
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children.
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity.
Some Frequently asked Questions
- I am not married. Can I join? YES.
- I am not a Mother. Can I join? YES.
- I am divorced. Can I join? YES.
- I am a widow. Can I join? YES.
- I am a man. Can I join? YES.
- I am only 25. Can I join? YES.
ANYONE can join so long as they support the aims and objectives of the Mothers' Union
What do we do?
Why not visit our Oxford MU website by clicking here?
Here in Winslow we run a full and varied programme of meetings. We normally meet on the 2nd Wednesday of each month
Time 2.00pm (winter months) and 2.15pm (once the clocks go back)
Venue (usually) St. Laurence Room MK18 3AD unless there is an outside venue.
We have donated Happy Bags to the church for use by children in the pews during services.
These are regularly kept up to date and are very popular with families.
We send Baptism Anniversary cards to children who have been baptised at St. Laurence, St. James and St. Mary’s Churches in the Benefice.
We have a regular monthly page in Winslow Parish News about our local events as well as the worldwide Mothers’ Union.
We have a presence at the Mothering Sunday Service, usually with a display about MU Activities Worldwide and an annual Coffee Morning to raise money for MU Charities.
We have Deanery and Archdeaconry Events and Services which are advertised locally and open to all. Anyone can join are our monthly meetings, especially when we have a speaker in whom others may be interested. We try to advertise these widely.
We are always very pleased to welcome new members. For any more information please contact Angela on 01296 714678.
For more details or for venues not listed please ring Angela on 01296 714678.